directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [Documentation] Installers for big-bang/trunk (was Re: [Documentation] Configuration stabilized in trunks)
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:17:23 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>> Unfortunately, the installers in trunk do not compile, because they
>> use the old StartupConfiguration style.
>>
>> Is it possible to fix this until Xmas? My skills are unfortunately not
>> sufficient.
> Ok, consider it done :)

This is just a little note that I was able to create a Win32 native
installer from the bigbang branch, which sucessfully installed ApacheDS,
set up a windows service etc, and the server starts and talks to the
outside.

I will use this version to document configuration changes (new
server.xml style), if relevant to the Basic User's Guide (which I plan
to update for the 2.0 first).

For redoing the Open Group certification tests for the upcoming 2.0, the
apacheds-noarch installer would be nice. Unfortunately, this one does
not build. "mvn install" is successful, but there is a warning like

[WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact of
type: jar; constructing POM artifact instead.

The build states "succesful". but the resulting jar
apacheds-noarch-installer-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar is only 14 kB.

Do I miss something here?

Anyway, for my documentation task, the native installers will do.

Greetings,
     Stefan