directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First version of the LDAP mapper committed
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:19:47 GMT
Hi Jörg,

thanks for the commit !

I was pretty busy those last two days, but as I saw that Alex was
"watching', I think everything is perfectly ok ! We will find a place
for the code, maybe as a sub-project, with a wiki place for that. Just
give the team a little while to cope with it, as we are more or less all
having some well deserved hollidays :)

Thanks and happy Xmas !

Jörg Henne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> to make good on my promise - and this even before Christmas - I
> committed the first version of the LDAP mapper to my Apache DS
> sandbox. This version should be reasonably stable so that maintaining
> two separate copies of it should not prove to be too painful while we
> still need it.
>
> If you want to play around with it, you'll have to do without a whole
> lot of documentation for now. My message titled "openthinclient.org
> Contributions for LDAP mapping and DHCP services" on this list
> provides some quick overview. Additionally, there is quite some
> example code in the test cases.
>
> Have fun at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/hennejg/odm/trunk/
>
> Ok, so what's next?
> - We need a way to track issues for this.
> - We need some place to start documenting the component. Should this
> be a separate point below "Documentation" on the main wiki page or
> rather reside somewhere below "ApacheDS 1.x"? I'd vode for the former.
> - Decide whether/when this module will get a place below
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory
> - Find someone to implement the missing transaction handling :-)
>
> I'll be away now. Tonight we have our in-office Christmas party and
> there are already an estimated number of 1000 kids zipping back and
> forth outside my office door.
>
> In case I won't find time to stop by before the holidays: I'll be away
> till January 3rd.
> Happy holidays everybody!
>
> Joerg Henne

cordialement, regards,