directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject First version of the LDAP mapper committed
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:26:33 GMT
Hi all,

to make good on my promise - and this even before Christmas - I
committed the first version of the LDAP mapper to my Apache DS sandbox.
This version should be reasonably stable so that maintaining two
separate copies of it should not prove to be too painful while we still
need it.

If you want to play around with it, you'll have to do without a whole
lot of documentation for now. My message titled "openthinclient.org
Contributions for LDAP mapping and DHCP services" on this list provides
some quick overview. Additionally, there is quite some example code in
the test cases.

Have fun at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/hennejg/odm/trunk/

Ok, so what's next?
- We need a way to track issues for this.
- We need some place to start documenting the component. Should this be
a separate point below "Documentation" on the main wiki page or rather
reside somewhere below "ApacheDS 1.x"? I'd vode for the former.
- Decide whether/when this module will get a place below
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory
- Find someone to implement the missing transaction handling :-)

I'll be away now. Tonight we have our in-office Christmas party and
there are already an estimated number of 1000 kids zipping back and
forth outside my office door.

In case I won't find time to stop by before the holidays: I'll be away
till January 3rd.
Happy holidays everybody!

Joerg Henne