directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject Re: Object LDAP mapping
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:01:14 GMT
Emmanuel,

Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:

> long time, no see :)
yes, I am painfully aware of that. My involvement with our thin client
activities is a on-again off-again affair. Currently it is more
on-again, allowing me to re-visit lots of things which have been left in
a less-than-satisfying state since. :-/
> That would be great. There is only one little problem I can oversee :
> the actual project is released under GPL V2 license, which is not
> compatible with ASL 2.0. But I'm sure we can work this around.

The GPL choice is mainly influenced by the fact that a large part of
openthinclient.org depends on the Linux-based thin client OS.
Re-licensing any original openthinclient.org component (i.e. one for
which we actually own the copyright) that is useful outside
openthinclient.org is no problem at all.
> It would be a pleasure to discuss more in detail about such a
> contribution. I suggest we can start a new thread about it.
Ok, so be it. I've procrastinated for too long with giving the Apache DS
community an update, so I better use this kick to get me going :-)

Joerg Henne