directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Better configuration and launch system
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:49:02 GMT
Hi guys,

sorry for rehashing old things but :

There are a few things which could be changed and improved :
- the UberMain.java class could be renamed to Main.java. It's not
obvious to everyone that UberMain is the class which launch the server...
- It has been moved to the installers package. It's fine for installers,
but I think it deserves to be put either in a specific project like
Server or Launcher
- We don't have anymore server.xml file anywhere _but_ in the server-xml
sub-project. Is this project the correct place for storing the server
configuration? Wouldn't it make more sense to have this server.xml file
close to the place we launch the server ?

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com