directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Object LDAP mapping
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:38:07 GMT
Hi Graham,

Ole Ersoy has worked on such a piece of code a while back. I think it
has matured in the Tuscany project.

Otherwise, you have to know that there is a Java schema containing all
the Objectclasses you need to describe a Java class, and to store a
serialized object. Not sure that it will fit your need.

In any case, as we are redesigning the JNDI API to be closer to what we
need, it will be a pleasure to include a Java<->Ldap OL-Mapping tool in
ADS project (OL = ObjectLdap, with Object-Relational-mapping in mind :)

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Although not directly related to the directory server itself, I thought I
> would ask here as the concentration of LDAP experts is high :)
>
> Has anybody heard of a Java package that does object to LDAP mapping,
> along the lines of Hibernate or Torque in the land of SQL?
>
> In other words, I would like a Java class hierarchy of objects
> representing LDAP objectlasses and LDAP objects.
>
> If such a thing doesn't exist, would the directory project be keen to
> adopt such a new piece of code as its home, if it were to be written?
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

cordialement, regards,