directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Documentation] Installers for big-bang/trunk (was Re: [Documentation] Configuration stabilized in trunks)
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:31:16 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
>> I have started to move and revise the Basic Users's Guide
>
> My plan is to complete a first version of the Basic User's Guide for
> the 2.0 version this year, because the next weeks I have some time due
> to holidays.
Just great !

> Unfortunately, the installers in trunk do not compile, because they
> use the old StartupConfiguration style.
>
> Is it possible to fix this until Xmas? My skills are unfortunately not
> sufficient.
Ok, consider it done :)

> I can do other parts of the guide first (and other tasks as well), but
> the description of the installation for various OS is important for
> newbies.
>
> Fixing in bigbang branch would be enough for me. Basically, I just
> need to figure out how a binary download version of ApacheDS 2.0 will
> look like. For instance to test the different configuration tasks with
> a fresh installation.
Thanks a lot Stefan. If you have any kind of problem while writing the
documentation, just ping us : we will urgently fix the bug so that you
can make progress. Documentation is as important as the code, maybe more
... (nobody read the code, when a few people read the doc. Yes, this is
not an urban legend !)

> Thanks in advance,
>     Stefan

cordialement, regards,