directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject [Documentation] Installers for big-bang/trunk (was Re: [Documentation] Configuration stabilized in trunks)
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:50:59 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> I have started to move and revise the Basic Users's Guide

My plan is to complete a first version of the Basic User's Guide for the
2.0 version this year, because the next weeks I have some time due to
holidays.

Unfortunately, the installers in trunk do not compile, because they use
the old StartupConfiguration style.

Is it possible to fix this until Xmas? My skills are unfortunately not
sufficient.

I can do other parts of the guide first (and other tasks as well), but
the description of the installation for various OS is important for
newbies.

Fixing in bigbang branch would be enough for me. Basically, I just need
to figure out how a binary download version of ApacheDS 2.0 will look
like. For instance to test the different configuration tasks with a
fresh installation.

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan