directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bigbang] Bug fixes to trunk or bigbang?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:42:50 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi, Directory developers,

Hi Enrique,
www.meebo.com. May work :)
> I noticed bigbang was merged?
More exactly, bigbang has become trunk.
> I take it this means new fixes to apacheds should go
> against trunk now?
No, we are still "bigbanging".
> If so, then bigbang is no longer used and then why
> does the branch still exist?

Because we are now in phase II : replacing the JNDI parts (Attributes,
Attribute, ModificationItem) by our own parts (Entry, EntryAttribute,
Value and all their inherited parts). As soon as those changes will be
done, we will move bigbang to trunk and start Phase III, which is not
completly defined.

FYI, Phase II is described here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/December+2007

FYI too, the bigbang -> trunk move was important because we needed to
expose a stabilized form of the configuration, for documentation purposes.

Hope those explainations are clear enough :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org