directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Documentation] Configuration stabilized in trunks`
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:23:27 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Looks like a few folks were waiting for today when the bigbang was moved
> over with a stable configuration so the documentation team can get to
> work without having to deal with a moving target.

You are absolutely right here, Alex. Thanks for clarifying this.

> Just wanted to send out this email to make it clear that what we have in
> the trunk will most likely be what we have in 2.0 as far as the
> configuration is generally concerned.  A slight tweak may occur who
> knows but this is the responsibility of the tweaker to edit the
> documentation for an update of the change.
>
> As far as the documentation team is concerned the configuration is
> frozen.  Feel free to begin a 2.0 documentation stream.

Currently, we have these cwiki spaces:

* Apache Directory Server v1.0  (DIRxSRVx10)
* Apache Directory Server v1.5  (DIRxSRVx11)

How about starting a new space for 2.0, which will not be published to
static pages at first?

Rationale: I do not want to modify/overwrite the 1.5 documentation,
because there are users out there, who need it. But I would like to
start the documentation for the simplified configuration style which
comes with 2.0. If we have a separate space, we could start with that
task, and make the content available on directory.apache.org if needed.

Thoughts? Christine?

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---