directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:02:48 GMT
Hi Felix,

Felix Knecht schrieb:

> I do now have some strange effects (but I do have them with the ant/ivy build as well):
>
> - Do a checkout (trunk/sandbox)
> - Build the necessary eclipse stuff (ant resolve/mvn eclipse:clean studio:clean eclipse:eclipse
studio:eclipse)
> - Import the projects to eclipse
> - Change in eclipse to the studio-ldapbrowser-ui project
> - Open the plugin.xml and 'Launch an Eclipse application in Debug mode'.
>
> I need several tries until I get the app running without popping up any errors. The strange
thing is that every time I
> launch the application I get less errors (then I cancel the start) until all errors are
gone. I do have this behaviour
> for both builds (ant / mvn). Is this normal?

No, I don't have these problems. Now your maven build works very fine
for me :-)

I do the following now:
- Do a checkout from your sandbox
- mvn eclipse:clean studio:clean eclipse:eclipse studio:eclipse
- Delete the .project file in the root directory (otherwise the eclipse
importer only finds the maven-studio project)
- Launching the Eclipse application

What are the error messages you get? Do you have any error messages in
the "Problems view"?

What you could check is the target platform and plugins: Go to
Window->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform. Choose the
target platform, either Eclipse 3.2 or 3.3. Ensure to deselect all
"org.apache.directory" plugins that are installed in the target platform.

Regards,
Stefan