directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 22:27:06 GMT
Stefan Seelmann schrieb:

> There are some issues with the .classpath file:
>
> 1)
> Not all .classpath files contain the following entry:
>
> <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins"/>
>
> It is used within Eclipse to create the "Plug-in Dependencies" from
> MANIFEST.MF#Require-Bundle.

This helped a lot, thanks.

> 2)
> On the other hand the .classpath files contain references to M2_REPO. I
> think they are not necessary because with 1) the plug-in dependencies
> are resolved automatically within eclipse from the manifest file.

I could solve this by adding the <pde>true</pde> tag

> 3)
> There are duplicate classpath entries, e.g. in studio-connection-core.
> The .classpath file contains
>
> <classpathentry kind="src"
> path="/org.apache.directory.studio.ldifparser"></classpathentry>
>
> but this dependency is already there in MANIFEST.MF#Require-Bundle.

I do now have some strange effects (but I do have them with the ant/ivy build as well):

- Do a checkout (trunk/sandbox)
- Build the necessary eclipse stuff (ant resolve/mvn eclipse:clean studio:clean eclipse:eclipse
studio:eclipse)
- Import the projects to eclipse
- Change in eclipse to the studio-ldapbrowser-ui project
- Open the plugin.xml and 'Launch an Eclipse application in Debug mode'.

I need several tries until I get the app running without popping up any errors. The strange
thing is that every time I
launch the application I get less errors (then I cancel the start) until all errors are gone.
I do have this behaviour
for both builds (ant / mvn). Is this normal?

Thanks
Felix