directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 21:50:18 GMT
Hi Felix,

>>> When I run from eclipse - open plugin.xml file and run 'Launch an Eclipse application
in Debug Mode' from Overview tab I
>>> get first a popup saying that in different projects errors exists. When proceeding
the application launches and I can at
>>> least create a connection to an LDAP-server and browse.
>>>
>>> My problem is now, that I can't find the before mentioned errors. Where can I
get them?

>> In Eclipse I got a lot of errors in the "Problems view". Most of them are:
>> - MANIFEST.MF: Manifest has no main section
>> - Missing dependencies
>> - Missing source foldes
>>

> Which /studio/studio-* can I use to see it?

There are some issues with the .classpath file:

1)
Not all .classpath files contain the following entry:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins"/>

It is used within Eclipse to create the "Plug-in Dependencies" from
MANIFEST.MF#Require-Bundle.

2)
On the other hand the .classpath files contain references to M2_REPO. I
think they are not necessary because with 1) the plug-in dependencies
are resolved automatically within eclipse from the manifest file.

3)
There are duplicate classpath entries, e.g. in studio-connection-core.
The .classpath file contains

<classpathentry kind="src"
path="/org.apache.directory.studio.ldifparser"></classpathentry>

but this dependency is already there in MANIFEST.MF#Require-Bundle.

Regards,
Stefan