directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:42:54 GMT
Stefan Seelmann schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
>> mvn
>> - 'install' is needed because some plugin projects are referencing
>> studio-dsml-parser witch doesn't already exists in local mvn repository
>> on first run.
>> - 'eclipse:eclipse' creates the .project and .classpath files in the
>> module folders
>> - 'studio.eclipse' adapts the .classpath to have entries like
>> <classpathentry path="lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar" exported="true"
>> kind="lib"/> and adapts the 'Bundle-ClassPath' entry in the manifest.mf
>>

> I just found one option for the eclipse:eclipse goal:
>
> <pde>true</pde>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html#pde
>
> It seems it makes something similar like the studio:eclipse goal.

Almost yes. I played with it too, but I wasn't able to add the 'lib' directory prefix. To
copy the needed dependencies
to the studio/{plugin}/lib directory we can use the maven-dependency-plugin as a workaround
but to add then the right
path to the MANIFEST.MF I haven't found any solution using the pde option.
That's why I created the goal studio:eclipse - copy the nonscoped 'provided' dependencies
to the lib directory (instead
of using the workaround) and adapt the Bundle-ClassPath in the Manifest file. I prefere a
solution where you only need
to change the dependencies in the pom instead of one you need to make the changes as well
in the manifest file. And even
then is still the open point what to do with the prefixing directory 'lib'. We can skip it
and have the jar files in the
root of the created jar file like e.g. for studio-jars:

felix@donar ~/svn/apache/directory/maven-studio/studio-jars $ jar ft target/org.apache.directory.studio.jars-1.0.0.jar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
antlr-2.7.7.jar
shared-ldap-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
shared-ldap-constants-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
studio-dsml-parser-0.4.1.jar
shared-asn1-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-collections-3.2.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
nlog4j-1.2.25.jar
xpp3-1.1.3.4.O.jar
META-INF/LICENSE
META-INF/NOTICE

instead of the now existing

felix@donar ~/svn/apache/directory/maven-studio/studio-jars $ jar ft target/org.apache.directory.studio.jars-1.0.0.jar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
lib/
lib/antlr-2.7.7.jar
lib/shared-ldap-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
lib/shared-ldap-constants-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
lib/studio-dsml-parser-0.4.1.jar
lib/shared-asn1-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.jar
lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar
lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar
lib/nlog4j-1.2.25.jar
lib/xpp3-1.1.3.4.O.jar
META-INF/LICENSE
META-INF/NOTICE

If the lib prefix isn't absolutely needed or if you find a solution to prefix using the pde
option  I'm absolutely +1
using the pde option and not having our own plugin for this.

Felix