directory-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Chu <...@symas.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Mitosis] Replication data
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:07:25 GMT
Howard Chu wrote:
> Martin Alderson wrote:
>> So do you OpenLDAP guys store the changes in LDAP as entries?  If not,
>> do you wrap your backend changelog store with an LDAP interface as Alex
>> is suggesting?

I didn't fully answer this question... Our log is implemented by an overlay;
as such it can be instantiated on top of any LDAP backend and targeted to any
other LDAP backend. Normally it is targeted at a separate local database but
that's not a requirement; e.g. you can point it at back-ldap instead of
back-bdb if you want to forward log records to some other centralized logging
machine.

--
   -- Howard Chu