directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 06:15:25 GMT
HI Stefan
> Hi Felix,
>
> great, many thanks for your efforts :-)

Thanks for testing.

> Felix Knecht schrieb:
>
>> Long time ago ... but it's time to ask for some help and I hope that somebody can
spare some time :-)

>> State:
>>
>> It almost works. I can
>> - Checkout my sandbox
>> - Install the studio plugin
>> - Create project and classpath files
>> - Build dist
>> - Run within eclipse
>>
>> See also http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/CRoB
>>

> Where do I have to execute this?
>   mvn install eclipse:eclipse studio:eclipse -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> in the /studio/studio folder (the sibling of /studio/studio-plugin)
> or
> in /studio folder which contains all plugin subfolders

In the /studio folder. The /studio/studio folder contains the
'distribution' stuff. Do you have set the M2_REPO variable in eclipse?

mvn
- 'install' is needed because some plugin projects are referencing
studio-dsml-parser witch doesn't already exists in local mvn repository
on first run.
- 'eclipse:eclipse' creates the .project and .classpath files in the
module folders
- 'studio.eclipse' adapts the .classpath to have entries like
<classpathentry path="lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar" exported="true"
kind="lib"/> and adapts the 'Bundle-ClassPath' entry in the manifest.mf

>> When I run from eclipse - open plugin.xml file and run 'Launch an Eclipse application
in Debug Mode' from Overview tab I
>> get first a popup saying that in different projects errors exists. When proceeding
the application launches and I can at
>> least create a connection to an LDAP-server and browse.
>>
>> My problem is now, that I can't find the before mentioned errors. Where can I get
them?

> In Eclipse I got a lot of errors in the "Problems view". Most of them are:
> - MANIFEST.MF: Manifest has no main section
> - Missing dependencies
> - Missing source foldes

Which /studio/studio-* can I use to see it?

Regards
Felix