directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Mitosis] Replication data
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 00:55:21 GMT

--On December 1, 2007 4:45:51 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

>> That sounds like a sensible approach. Searching the changelog is the
>> key. I'd love to get the big picture here and try to make sure we can
>> replicate between ApacheDS and OpenLDAP. This would be very beneficial
>> to both user bases.
>
> It sounds to me like you already have all of the schema elements in place
> to get RFC4533 implemented. We can work out the delta MMR stuff as a
> joint project, always good to have someone else to check our assumptions.

Also, if you are interested in setting up OpenLDAP with delta-syncrel, I
documented it on Symas' tech tips at:

<http://www.connexitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3>

It's been my preferred replication mechanism with OpenLDAP, as it is
significantly less overhead traffic wise as well in a high-write
environment.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount