Marc,

On Nov 30, 2007 9:29 AM, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
All,

Is there a way to run apacheds in a 'memory only' mode?  This would be
very useful as a caching mechanism (I plan on integrating ApacheDS as
a backend for MyVirtualDirectory).  I'm not a storage expert but if I
am pointed int he right direction I'd be happy to take a stab at
adding a memory only mode if it doesn't exist.

We don't have one.  But if you're interested that would be great.  We just need a descent in memory BTree implementation to do this quickly.  You might be able to use some other combination of data structures too like a red-black tree (TreeMap) instead.

Alex