directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:03:23 GMT
On Nov 14, 2007 2:33 PM, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007 11:47 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> > You are being overly cautious on the wrong front here.  If this client
> > code is just used for tests (with test scope) then the clients will
> > not be
> > packaged with the product.
> >
> > I don't know if I expressed myself well enough but do you see what I mean?
>
> Of course I understand the clients will not be packaged with the
> product.

Cool.

> What I'm trying to avoid is breaking the build by having
> integration tests using kerberos-client fail, because the
> kerberos-client is unstable.

Yeah I know you want to branch and this is a great gesture.  Thanks!

I was trying to point out that creating the branches outside of your
sandbox is OK if you like.  I guess it makes no difference either way
since we can access both: it's a minor connotation saying your branch
is not new private work requiring a VOTE to merge it in from the
sandbox.

Alex