directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:36:32 GMT
On Nov 12, 2007 1:49 PM, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Emmanuel w.r.t. creating protocol-[XYZ]-unit modules for
> integration tests specific to a given protocol.

A while back you disagreed on this recommendation.  You wanted to use
packages to separate tests in server-unit.  Now you want to use
separate modules.

> For integration tests
> that test the collaboration of multiple protocols, such as SASL
> GSSAPI/Kerberos and DNS TSIG GSSAPI Kerberos that we would continue to
> place them in server-unit.  If this is OK, I'll create the modules as
> I add tests.

That's not OK.  One more time: all over the wire integration tests go
in server-unit period. Follow the convention that has been established
for several years now.

If you want to change the convention we can discuss that.  Now during
this bigbang is not the time for lengthy bike shed arguments.
Substantial matters sure, I have the time for that.  This is just a
waste of time.

Also note that if you change the convention later than you better make
sure you make it consistent across the board and not just with respect
to the tests and modules you're interested in.

One reason to keep them together for now is due to the changelog
effort which will speed up all the tests.  When I start doing this
it's nice to have all the networked integration tests in one place.
Then if you want to open discussions on messing with this convention
that's up to you.

Alex