directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] AllowAnonymousAccess property appears twice in the server.xml of Apache DS 1.5.1
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:46:24 GMT
This proper is a PITA.  You're absolutely right about it being so
confusing.  Let me describe this issue in more detail.

There are two levels of code dealing with authentication in the
server.  One is deep in the core in the AuthenticationInterceptor
which determines if anonymous access is allowed.  Another is more on
the surface in the front end where the protocols manage
authentication.  We need to consolidate these or figure out how to
just let the protocol service configuration drive the behavior deep in
the AuthenticationInterceptor.  I would like to do an audit on this
stuff at some point before the big bang is over but I don't have the
time myself at this stage to do it.  The sooner we fix it the better
though since then there are less tests and code out there that depend
on this convoluted configuration.

Alex