directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:35:39 GMT
The dependency is OK in server-unit but not in protocol-dns.  If you
want to do over the wire tests do it in server-unit.  This is the
point to the module: it's there specifically for over the wire
integration tests.

The DNS service is a part of ApacheDS. It is not a standalone product
in itself. So test the whole stack with the integration tests to make
sure your stuff works. If you want a standalone derivative go check
out Apache Labs or try the Incubator.

If you have convenience interfaces for alternative backing stores
that's fine but we're not going to reorganize things to accommodate
that.  Our aim is to progress ApacheDS and not act as an incubator for
plugins that want to become top level projects.

Also note that the issues with the time taken to run integration tests
is temporary.  This will go away.  So any *integration* tests you add,
you should add them specifically to work in the proper environment,
that is inside ApacheDS with the LDAP store.  Anything else is not
something we intend to keep in the main line of development.

Alex