directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven plugins for Apache Directory
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:54:51 GMT
On 11/5/07, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:

> For the maven build of the Studio I also created some functionality in a
> maven plugin.
>
> So we do have now within 3 subprojects of Apache Directory maven plugin
> functionality:
>
> apacheds:
> - apacheds-bootstrap-plugin
> - apacheds-core-plugin
>
> daemon:
> - daemon-plugin
>
> studio:
> - maven-studio-plugin (or whatever it'll be named)
>
> I just wonder if it would make sense to centralize the maven plugin
> functionality for the Apache Directory project in a
> new subproject e.g. directory-maven-plugin containing all maven plugin
> related functionality?

The idea did occur to me a couple times.  Sometimes I was just about to do
that when it
just seemed to fan out dependencies across subprojects.  Meaning right now
we have a
good breakdown where shared is independent.  apacheds depends on shared and
studio
depends on shared.  This new subprject would then have dependencies all
over.  May not
be a bad thing if it gives us other benefits.

In terms of benefits it may allow us to release the plugins independently
but because the
plugins depend on other projects this may be a false benefit in reality.

Just curious, what benefits do you foresee in doing this?

Thanks,
Alex