directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:49:16 GMT
On Nov 12, 2007 12:36 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> One reason to keep them together for now is due to the changelog
> effort which will speed up all the tests.  When I start doing this
> it's nice to have all the networked integration tests in one place.
> Then if you want to open discussions on messing with this convention
> that's up to you.

OK, I'll put stable tests into 'server-unit'.  However, I would like
to *only temporarily* add integration tests to the kerberos-client.
These integration tests would test the alpha-quality kerberos-client
against the full ApacheDS backend.  The reason I wouldn't put them
directly into server-unit is that the kerberos-client should be
considered unstable so I wouldn't want to put it near trunk.  Of
course, once I've tested it more and it appears stable, then we can
use it to replace the JAAS Kerberos client in server-unit and get both
test coverage for the Kerberos protocol and its interactions via SASL
GSSAPI.

Also, I would like to pass integration tests through my personal
sandbox since I need to test on multiple machines and VMs and to
simply back-up work, but, again, you can expect them to work their way
into server-unit shortly.

Enrique