directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:49:57 GMT
On Nov 12, 2007 7:10 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. But these tests should be kept into some dns-unit project (which
> does not currently exists). The base idea is to be able to run those
> tests without modifying the core server (which protocol-dns is part of).
> Having some comparison between what the server is doing and what dnsjava
> provides is an excellent idea. We have done that with the ASN.1 codec at
> the beginning. But dnsjava should not be used _inside_ protocol_dns.
> There is nothing bad about dnsjava. It's just that we need it to be used
> in some kind of specific place where it does not impact the core server.
> A protocol-dns-unit project would be the perfect place to do that.

I agree with Emmanuel w.r.t. creating protocol-[XYZ]-unit modules for
integration tests specific to a given protocol.  For integration tests
that test the collaboration of multiple protocols, such as SASL
GSSAPI/Kerberos and DNS TSIG GSSAPI Kerberos that we would continue to
place them in server-unit.  If this is OK, I'll create the modules as
I add tests.

FYI, you may see me commit some tests initially to my sandbox so I can
pass them between my laptop and main development machines to test
various platforms and VMs.

Enrique