directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:52:32 GMT
On Nov 11, 2007 3:35 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> The dependency is OK in server-unit but not in protocol-dns.  If you
> want to do over the wire tests do it in server-unit.  This is the
> point to the module: it's there specifically for over the wire
> integration tests.

I'm confused because it seems both you and Emm approved the addition
of the commons NTP client to the protocol-ntp module, which is used in
exactly the same way I was intending to use 'dnsjava', namely with
over-the-wire NTP tests.  So then, the NTP client and test(s) should
be moved to 'server-unit'?  In which case we're back to a scalability
problem w.r.t. deps in server-unit.  Or is it the case that the dep in
protocol-ntp is acceptable because NTP doesn't use the backend DIT?

Be assured, my intention here has nothing to with creating a
"standalone product" but rather the generally-accepted principle of
loose-coupling.

Enrique