directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Yeeash this is just getting ugly.
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:14:45 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> http://www.networksasia.net/article.php?type=article&id_article=2536
> <http://www.networksasia.net/article.php?type=article&id_article=2536>

Some more :

http://anil-identity.blogspot.com/2007/11/story-of-opends-and-departing-neil.html

What is interesting is the OpenDS mailing list, where Ludovic Poitou
explained that the reason for all this is that the governance has been
changed without Sun approval.

Back one year, when we met OpenDS peeps at Austin during the US Apache
Conference, we pointed out that Open DS governance was not really good
(ie, as the project leader _must_ be a Sun employee, that means it's not
an OSS, but a OSS managed by Sun). The modification changed this point
to something more open :
https://opends.dev.java.net/source/browse/opends/trunk/www/public/docs/dev-docs/OpenDS-Governance.html?r1=1622&r2=1739

It has been reverted last week :
https://opends.dev.java.net/source/browse/opends/trunk/www/public/docs/dev-docs/OpenDS-Governance.html?r1=1739&r2=3475

Sun will have some hard time to stop the flurry of comment about what
happened... Not especially a confortable position for them, nor for Neil
and the Austin ex-team ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com