directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ServerEntry & al] Reviewing
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:00:31 GMT
Hi,

I was reviewing a part of the new classes tonite. I have some comments
about it, but as I haven't finished yet, I will wait a little bit before
pushing those comments on the list.

These classes look very promising, but we need to merge bigbang into the
trunk very soon, and at least before we can use those classes.

I would suggest that we do this merge this week, in order to be ready
for the next big changes. We can deliver a 1.5.2 at the same time, and
wok on a 1.5.3, which will be the next iteration in our path to 2.0.

As far as I can see, bigbang branch is compiling, and by the time we are
done with the merge, we can also fix the "small" issues we have in order
to be able to release this 1.5.2. Likely, we can fix the package on
linux, plus write down the documentation about the new configuration, or
make it ready for our users.

It makes me think that it will be difficult to keep the same wiki for
1.5.1 and 1.5.2, as the configuration has changed a lot. May be the best
solution would be to split the changed pages in two... Don't know... wdyt ?

I'm waiting for your suggestion. Next week will be tough for me, as I
still have a _lot_ to do beside ADS, but I will try to manage a couple
of hours a day to work on the project. Hopefully, it won't last forever,
and I really expect to be back full time by the beginning of december -
or slightly after.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny