directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Error while adding a new partition
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:09:53 GMT
chago wrote:
> I have just tried it with JDK 1.5.0_06 by changing the Java version in the
> apacheds.conf file. It failed at the same location.
>
> I assume that the problem is related to the fact that I am trying to add
> another 'dc=com' suffix? I say this because if I comment out the example
> partition, the server starts up fine with my 'dc=mydomain,dc=com' available.
> If I include both, the example and mydomain partitions, it fails with the
> exception.
>
>     <property name="partitionConfigurations">
>       <set>
> <!--        <ref bean="examplePartitionConfiguration"/> -->
>         <ref bean="mydomainPartitionConfiguration"/>
>       </set>
>     </property>
>
> I would of thought it is a bug except that you got it working on your
> setup...
>
> Can you attach your whole server.xml file for me to compare, or email it to
> me at nabble at visualxs dot com?

You are right. In the tests I made the mistake to use a running instance
and only added your partition. No suffix with .com was present in my
server. Now I copied it once again as yourdomain.com and get the same
error you have.

So I suppose you are right: It is probably a major bug. I don't think
that it is forbidden to run several partitions with the same suffix .com

Thoughts?