directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject [ldapserver][schema] How to programmatically extract schema information from a server context
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:44:09 GMT
Hi

I am now using DS server (apacheds-main-0.9.3.jar) for writing test cases.
But I encounter problems when listing schema.
Problem Description:
1. Construct server context
configuration = new MutableServerStartupConfiguration();
configuration.setWorkingDirectory(new File(workingDir));
cleanWorkingDir(configuration.getWorkingDirectory());
port = AvailablePortFinder.getNextAvailable(1024);
configuration.setLdapPort(port);
        // configuration.setShutdownHookEnabled(false);
serverEnv = new Hashtable<String, Object>(configuration
                .toJndiEnvironment());

serverEnv.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
                ServerContextFactory.class.getName());

serverEnv.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "");

serverEnv.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
serverEnv.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
serverEnv.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
rootDSE = new InitialLdapContext(serverEnv, null);

2. List schema for this context

            DirContext pairs = super.rootDSE.getSchema("");
            NamingEnumeration<NameClassPair> ps = pairs.list
("objectClasses");
            while(ps.hasMore()) {
                System.out.println(ps.next());
            }

And 'java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException' was thrown. I did not find a
quick instruction
on how to list schemas, would anyone give a hand?

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM