directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DNS] Trunk or branch for DNS work?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:42:00 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
>
>>> [...]
>>> Hi Alex, I'm just a directory user but I have a question: can you
>>> explain who are you representing (who is included in your "we")?
>>>

>> we <=> the PMC
>> [...]
>> Hopes it help to understand Alex's mail.
>>

> Yes, I thought they was personal positions. If they are PMC decisions
> then everything makes sense.

Sorry for my previous answer. I should _not_ have said 'it's the PMC'. I
should have said this is Alex, me and a few others opinion. Alex and
some of the PMC members have discussed the matter on IRC, so it's not an
'official' decision. What I meant is that Alex wasn't talking on his
own. I back him totally.

This was not such a important project discussion though, so we didn't
opened a thread on the PMC ML. We just mentionned it while discussing
about some other things, like the last build breakage we had on the same
time, and some infrastructure issues we have (continuous build, etc).

See it as a quick mail sent in the middle of others, not as a official
decision made endoresed by the PMC.
> I'm (of course) not in your private pmc list and I didn't see
> discussions about this things on public lists recently, that's why I asked.

Your question is perfectly sane. If you feel that we should discuss it
more openly, we can. We didn't want to keep those things secret by
discussing it on IRC with Alex, we just mentionned it as we were
discussing about other things (personal, not project related)
> For sure this clarification from the Chair is something more official ;-)

Being the chair does not transform everything I write as if it were gold
...  It's just a little bit more strong when Alex and me express some
opinion than just Alex or just me.

Sorry if my mail was not precise enough. I typed it a little bit quickly.
> Thank you,
> Stefano

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny