directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shared-ldap] Changes and questions on LdifUtils
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:15:41 GMT
More insingth inline...

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> (4) In LdifUtils.reverseModifyDN() the original code seemed to hard
> code setting the deleteOldRdn property on the LDIF entry it was
> generating rather than using the value from the ModifyDnRequest
> argument.  Was wondering if this was in fact a
> bug? I presumed it might be and while breaking up ModifyDnRequest into
> pieces I added the
> deleteOldRdn boolean parameter.  I use this parameter now instead of
> calling entry.setDeleteOldRdn( true ) always.

There was a missing case in my analysis about the ModifyDN operation :
when you don't change the RDN, but simply modify the superior. This was
not handled properly in the code. Hopefully, the code was OK, but
sub-optimal, and didn't reflect the reality.

I have updated the wiki page :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Reverse+LDIF

Look at the end of the page, and you will see that I have now 5 cases
instead of 4. The ast one is about the Move operation.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org