directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:23:34 GMT
Hi,
> Here are the topics:
>
>    *
>

>           Profiles

What 'profiles' are (intended) used for studio distributions?
Shall all possibilities you can download an RCP dist for be supported
and build ()?
They are varying depending on the version of RCP your looking at:
3.2.1
http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2.1-200609210945/index.php
3.2.2
http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2.2-200702121330/index.php
3.3.1.1
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3.1.1-200710231652/index.php
3.4M3
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.4M3-200711012000/index.php
And - when migration to maven build process - which version(s) shall be
used (ATM it's 3.2.1 based)?

>     * Empty ${local-repo} folder at the root

For eclipse most of the dependencies do not exist in a remote maven
repository. Do you think it's possible/make sense to put them e.g. to
the http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 repository (I think this is owned by
ASF)? This could avoid the need of keeping them in a 'local-repo' within
the studio project.
Anyway I need to fix creation of the emtpy folders.

> I'll continue to dig into the build system and add content to the page
> within the day.

Thanks for reviewing.

Regards
Felix