directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Studio Maven Build
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:31:51 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Thanks!
> As Stefan said, really good job...

Thanks, but it's not yet working perfect ...

> I tested it with 'mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true' and it
> worked well... :)
> I'm using, here at work, a Linux box with Ubuntu 7.10 on a i386 machine.
>
> I'm going to test this tonight, at home, on my Mac with Mac OS X and
> Windows.
>
> I tried the '-Dos.name=mac os x -Dos.arch=i386' and '-Dos.name="mac os
> x" -Dos.arch=i386 ' but I got a build failure. I'm going to
> investigate on that.

This has probably to do with http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2190. I
don't know yet how to solve it.

One possible solution (IMO not a very nice way) is to 'hardcode' the
profiles. This means that you always need to indicate on commandline
which profile you want to use - even for a build for the current OS your
working on (e.g. -Plinux-i386).

I wonder if it would make sense to collect the issues coming up for the
mavenization either on JIRA (I think this is overkill as it is only
sandbox) or open a sandbox cwiki page for this (better overview) or just
keep the tasks somewhere in the mail thread?

Felix