directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Stored Procedures: One language id per StoredProcEngineConfig and StoredProcEngine, Stateful vs. Stateless
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:17:03 GMT
Hi Chris and Ersin!

Chris Custine wrote:
> I vaguely remember running into these issues a while back as well.  I
> think the problem is differentiating which scripting language the script
> is written in so that the BSF Scripting Manager can retrieve the correct
> script engine internally (by extension, name, or mime type).  Is that
> the same issue you are having Stefan?

I thought I have. But due to the sample implementation for Java 6
Scripting, Ersin provided in his sandbox, I learned an alternative.
Thank you Ersin for the link!

Ersin stores the concrete scripting language in the attributes of the SP
entry. So the engine has a chance to determine the correct scripting
language, because it knows this attribute (provided via setSPUnitEntry).

In this case, storedProcLangId has a generic value "JavaxScript". This
would solve my problem of how to determine the right language, but I
think the name storedProcLangId is somehow misleading then. Basically,
you store both the engine and the language within the entry. I would
prefer to store only the language, and leave the selection of the engine
up to the StoredProcExecutionManager.

I think I will try to complete my BSF implementation with the solution
Ersin provided first, in order to have more knowledge to discuss.

Thanks for your insights,
     Stefan