directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:42:20 GMT
Hi Felix,

Felix Knecht wrote:
> I've still no commit access to the sandbox directory. Never the less I started to adapt
the doc "Build Apache Directory
> Studio" and put it into the Apache Directory Sandbox [1] (I think that's the way do to).

Hmmm... Let me check that this afternoon...
> Still some questions I couldn't find (or haven't seen) an answer in the docs:
>
> a) Which svn:keywords are set and used? Looking at some files I can see different svn:keywords
set, but they not always
> seem to match with the references in the code.

There is no current list of used svn:keywords...
> If no rule exists yet I'd like to suggest the following:
>
> svn:keyword Id
>
> /**
>  * Foo bar
>  *
>  * @author <a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory Project</a>
>  * @version $Id: AbstractStudioMojo.java 350 2007-10-28 12:01:17Z felix $
>  */

We are not using names into header. Here are our coding standards :

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/coding-standards.html

> b) I haven't found any documentation about project/modules/code which is done automatically
(e.g. maven reports, maven
> site, JavaDocs, ...).
> Is this all done either in the cwiki or packaged into a downloadable/buildable distribution?

We don't anymore generate the site from code, we use confluence for that.

We should generate Javadocs though, but I'm not a maven guru enough to
guarantee that the current maven configuration allows that. And I would
add that I would be very pleased if you can tell me ;)

Generating maven reports would be a very valuable addition, too !

> c) Do any ideas about automated continuous integration exists, e.g. continuum?

We tried continuum once upon a time, we also tried bamboo, and we
currently have some another continuous integration server running, but
we would like to speed up the tests a lot before fully activating the
continuous build again. FYI, building the server 'cost' 20 minutes on my
laptop, and around 10 minutes on a fast server. We also have had by
spamming experience with continuous integration (a mail every 3 minutes
sent to the full dev list - 200 peeps - 2 days long ...), so we are not
really keen to play this game again, unless someone who *knows* how to
correctly setup such an environment handle it (ie, not me, obviously :)
> Regards
> Felix
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/txEB

Thanks a lot for those insights, felix. There are really interesting.

I have added you in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/directory/The+team

Fell free to add a picture (small one :), your web site, blog, to this
page !

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny