directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Reverse-ldif] Partial Review needed
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:49:19 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a reverse-ldif generator, which should produce
a LDIF file that can be applied to the server in order to return back to
a previous state of the server.

The basic idea, initiated by Alex and Ersin, is to speed up the tests by
simply log the modifications, and at the end of the test, apply the
reverse ldif to restor the base in a previous state.

For that, we must generate what we called reverse-ldif (or anti-ldif)
for each operation.

I'm almost done for the simplest requests (add, del, modifyDN), I still
have to analyse the Modify request. Is someone is interested to review
what I have dumped into the wiki related to these reverse-ldif ?

Here is the page :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Reverse+LDIF

I may have forgotten some elements, so please feel free to comment and
tell me if it's OK or not :)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny