directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [TSec convos]
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 04:04:36 GMT
On Thursday 01 November 2007 14:39, David Jencks wrote:
> I think that Alex and i agree that, if both of these are roles, we
> would  handle this using role inheritance, making the app-specific
> "Finance Package Admin" a sub-role

Inheritance sounds to be the wrong term for an "Implies" stereotype.

The "Finance Package Admin" is potentially "sub-role" of many org roles, and
IMHO has no "family relationship" between the two. And if you try to put that
into documentation (which indeed could express it differently), my guess is
that many people will be confused.

Now, to the Group; I agree with Alex that "Group" is a very well understood
concepts, and seldom overloaded.
Warning; Funky syntax;

public interface Group<T> extends T
{
    void add"T"( T member );
    void remove"T"( T member );
    Iterable<T> get"T"s();
}

and for any permissions implied by T is granted to all members of the group.
Barely complex, and has its own purpose outside the Role scope.

Cheers
Niclas