directory-dev mailing list archives

From chago <nab...@visualxs.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] In preparation for 1.0.1 release: candidates available
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:29:06 GMT

Hi Chris. So is the file located at /opt/apacheds-1.5.1/bin/apacheds a tanuki
warpper binary renamed to apacheds? If so, I didn't see a wrapper binary for
Ubuntu/ppc/32 at their website. If I did find such a wrapper binary, can I
just replace the current one?

I think I read that their wrapper binary has some hardcoded dependencies on
the /var/run directory. I moved my pid stuff to /var/lock.

I don't mean to question the use of the Tanuki library, but it sure is
complicating my life; at least on this somewhat obscure platform. It's just
that an old Mac notebook makes an excellent 1U server complete with battery
backup for a fraction of the cost of a "real" server. I'd love to get
apacheds working with it.

-- jim