directory-dev mailing list archives

From chago <nab...@visualxs.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] In preparation for 1.0.1 release: candidates available
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:07:59 GMT

Thank you for all that detail Chris. I manually installed the program onto my
Ubuntu PPC box and only changed the /opt/* directory to /usr/local/* and
/var/run to /var/lock. I followed the instructions generated by using the
alien program and the i386 RPM.

At this point, I believe I am running into a 386/ppc problem. When the start
script attempts to launch /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.1/bin/apacheds, I get:
: cannot execute binary file

At first I thought this may be a permission problem, but I ensured the
script was running under the correct user (apacheds) and the owner and group
permissions are set to this user. I assume the file is an i386 binary and
that is the problem. At this point, I suppose I should try invoking the java
program directly instead of depending on this launcher script?

-- jim