Hi guys,

I just realized that what we call Developer Guide in ADS 1.5 is really
misleading : it's pretty much an internal documentation we are using
while developping the server itself than a documentation targeting
users who want to use ADS to do unit tests or to embed the server.

Actually this is exactly what I intended the developer guide to be: documentation
for us and those that want to get involved with developing code for ApacheDS.  It's
not there for people to use ADS for unit tests.  Using ADS for unit tests and/or
for embedding should be in advanced sections of the UG no?

I would suggest that we get all the developpement dopco into the
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Index pages, and
organized the Developer Guide differently.

WDYT ?

We could do that.  However DIRxDEV is there for general information on how
to check out and build the projects to get started.  And this is good where it
is since it does not change much and describes how we do things across projects
here at Directory.  This is idea content to be exposed on the site.

Architectural details and the design of features introduced in specific branches are
better off being put into the individual branch spaces. Like the dynamic schema feature
which was introduced in 1.5.x.  How this was designed, why and various
implementation details and problems should not be put into DIRxDEV.

Alex