Yeah I saw this a while back.  Actually one of their developers showed it to me at my house.
I ran into him when Niclas Hedhman decided to throw an OSGi party at my place :).

Anyways, I nearly shat my pants when I first saw what they were doing.  This was right when the
application for the incubator was filed.  Even then they were showing us how the same bundles were
used to generate both a fat client UI and an Ajax based web application UI.  At that time they seemed
to simply swap out the SWT libraries under the hood so that even bundles that worked with SWT
could be used to generate ajax UIs.  Essentially the SWT implementation was swapped out for a web
based one.

At that time it seemed a bit heavy but I guess they must have come a long way.  I wonder if it will scale
but then again how many people are going to be banging against an LDAP administrative UI at the same
time?

Heh we better embed Jetty into ApacheDS soon :).

Alex

Yeah, sure !

It seems to be a really good idea !

--