NTP is pretty darn simple and I'm going to code up a couple of
examples using it so we can better see what we are talking about.

NTP is simple and one of the reasons why I picked it for the example.  Also as you
say it can be used for a simple experiment to see the impact of what we want to do
without a massive investment in time.

On the other hand although NTP is the easiest to understand the same reasoning may not
apply to the other protocols.  Enrique understands these best so he might have something to share
about it.  Knowing that he's not on IRC I made sure he got wind of it by posting it here.

There's an extreme danger here of making a mountain out of a
molehill :-)

Well the plan was simple: get rid of the configuration beans and directly wire up the components.
As I said this was your idea and a damn good one.  I just don't want configuration beans floating
around with one exception here and one exception there.

Let's set a standard pattern to follow and stick to it.

Alex