From which version will this possibility disappear? Are there other possibilities?

Best Regards
/ JOH

From: akarasulu@gmail.com [mailto: akarasulu@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Alex Karasulu
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 5:24 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: How to log userid in ApacheDS backend

You should be able to access the LdapPrincipal associated with any Invocation into the core.
Access the invocation stack to lookup the caller which is a ServerLdapContext object.  From
this you can get a handle on the LdapPrincipal which contains the DN of the user.

Note this mechanism will disappear because of the whole static singleton thing.  However
for the time being you can use it.  I have no clue what version of ApacheDS you're on so it
might not matter if you're using 1.0 and are going to stay on it.

Alex