One further comment.... IIRC after people complained about needing the xbean library I made it optional using reflection.... with the effect that until we start including the xbean library the current bigbang server.xml wont' work.  I'll fix this tomorrow, but meanwhile if you write an integration test to start a spring-based server don't be too surprised if spring complains it can't understand the xml.

thanks
david jencks