directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r584949 - in /directory: apacheds/branches/bigbang/protocol-changepw/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/changepw/ apacheds/branches/bigbang/protocol-dns/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/dns/ apacheds/branches/bigbang/p
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:25:03 GMT
What I can see is that when initializing the server (LdapServer),
looking at the server.xml file :
  <ldapServer id="ldapsServer"
          enabled="false"
              ipPort="60636"
              enableLdaps="true">
    <directoryService>#directoryService</directoryService>
    <socketAcceptor>#socketAcceptor</socketAcceptor>
  </ldapServer>

the constructor is called first. As the reference to #directoryService
is not set yet, and as it is needed into the constructor, it resolves
to null.

Is there a way to avoid such a problem, for instance by adding the
directory service as a parameter fo the constructor ?

Doing something like :
  <ldapServer id="ldapsServer"
          enabled="false"
              ipPort="60636"
              enableLdaps="true"
              directoryService="#directoryService">
    <socketAcceptor>#socketAcceptor</socketAcceptor>
  </ldapServer>

for instance ?

--
Regards,