directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about Kerberos becoming a separate project ?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:12:23 GMT
I would add something to what Alex just said : we didn't anted to make
Kerberos a separate Apache project, but a separate sub-project, from
Maven point of view. This was just about an internal refactoring.

Kerberos and Apache Directory Project are tighly coupled right now,
and will remain coupled for a while.

Last, not least, I see no way for Harmony to use any of the Apache
Directory project due to the very restrictive condition you have to
fulfill to become a contributor of this project (ie, not having read
any line of SUN java source). We can't guarantee that the ADS
developpers haven't been tainted by SUN code.

I would suggest first that you contact Harmony peeps to get a clear
idea of those constraints, and as stated by Alx, you are welcome to
participate to our project too !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,