directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <>
Subject Re: Missing MatchingRule (for ObjectClass, DN, etc ...)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:43:49 GMT
It's just shocking that LDAP ran into
> this
> catch 22 since static groups are driven by DNs: one just expects it to work.

On the other side, people usually feed the static group
programatically with what they get from a search request, so I don't
really see that as such a big problem ...

I'm your man with this review, when you have 1 hour. At the same time,
I have to tell you that there is some room for improvement, for sure.
For instance, if a node is evaluated with a 0 count (because there is
no matching value), we can reorganize the filter, which is not
currently done, so I se this hour as a valuable expense of our time :)

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message