directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [BigBang] Status Report
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 07:49:13 GMT
Thanks a lot Alex for this repport ! It gives us a lot of visibility,
and will help to get in synch when you will be done with all those
configuration cleanup.

In the same time, - beside breaking the trunk with stupid commits ;)
-, I'm finishing to define a new version of JNDI classes used
internally to the server, like :
- ServerEntry, a replacement for Attributes
- ServerAttribute, a replacement for Attribute
- Value, a handler for attributes' values (JNDI uses Object)
- ServerModification, a replacement for ModificationItem

This is also done, tests included. Some more classes and interfaces
have to be replaced, and I have listed all those classes and
interfaces here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/JNDI+removing

The biggest part will be to replace the NamingEnumeration which is
used everywhere, and the SearchResult. The other classes are used from
place to place, and can be removed quite easily.

Another task I'm working on, and I saw that Stefan Szörner has also
working on it,  is to speed up integration tests. It some point, tests
are getting soooo long that we are reluctant to launch them before
committing (I did it a couple of time, and it was a disaster, but
having to wait 20 minutes each time is just overkilling). I really
think we can have tests running in less than 5 minutes, and I will
work on that this week, waiting for Alex to finish his cleanup.

Thanks to all of you, and many thanks to Alex and David for this great cleanup !
--
Regards,
Cordialement,