directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject [VOTE] [ApacheDS] [BigBang] Should we check point what we have?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:22:20 GMT
Hi all,

I think we can say we're finished with Phase I of the the big bang plan

Emmanuel planted the seed in my head that we might consider replacing the
current trunk with a copy of the big bang branch before moving forward on
Phase II.  He made some excellent points:

  o this gives developers a chance to see the changes
  o allows for an interim release if the team wants to release 1.5.2
  o gives the team a chance to start documenting some changes
  o prevents stalling somewhat as this refactoring is underway

These are all good points.  Personally I'm strapped on time trying to work
various things such as Triplesec, the refactoring in bigbang, and my day
So I may not have enough time for helping out in a release but I'm fully
of one.

Copying big bang over to trunk check points the refactoring at a community
heck svn automatically checkpoints for us and we can tag things as they are
too.  But the point is it checkpoints the current state and sends a clear
about where we are and what we can do before we do much with more in the
Who knows Phase II might become a big mess and/or we might not like where we

get to.  We may decide to keep things as they are after Phase I.

Should we replace trunk now with the bigbang?

[  ] +1 - replace trunk with big bang in present state
[  ] +/-0 - don't care
[  ] -1 - no not now



[0] -

View raw message